History of Veterinary Medicine at Iowa State, 1870's - 2000.

Alumni, classes, faculty, curriculum, buildings, and events.

Background

The authoring of this program was initiated by a faculty member of the College of Veterinary Medicine in the late 1990's with the support of College Administration (Details)

Overview

The study of veterinary medicine was mandated by the Iowa Legislature in 1858 as a component of the curriculum at the new Iowa Agricultural College and Model Farm (IAC).

When IAC officially began instruction in 1869, Veterinary subjects were included in the second semester of the fourth or final year of study (Timeline).

The originals of all images presented at this site are owned by Iowa State University. Information included in this history program was obtained from these Sources.